Thanksgiving may seem inconspicuous, but this is a holiday filled with unsuspecting terrors, and we aren't referring to your relatives....
While you may not be surprised that there are four times as many cooking fires on Thanksgiving compared to any other day, you might not know that the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest day of the year for plumbers. Don't forget the large number of people on the road navigating to homes they may not often visit. There's also a chance someone could break into your house if you're traveling this year. Basically, there are many ways you could end up filing a claim with us come Monday morning.
If you're looking to be different or just want to see our shining, happy faces next week, be sure to do at least one of our suggestions* below. If you're really worried you won't have a claim to file, do all five!
Here are a few of the ways you can end up with a claim thanks to Thanksgiving:
1. The garbage disposal. Shove turkey bones and fat down there and you'll probably need to call the plumber. A large amount of potato peelings can also result in mayhem.
2. Inviting burglars into your home. Post on social media that you're leaving or let your mail pile up, and you're letting everyone know that you're home isn't occupied.
3. Start the dishwasher right before leaving the house: come home on Sunday night to a flooded house. If you're leaving your home for a few days, do yourself a favor and shut off your water just to be safe.
4. Forget to lock a door or window. You're making it too easy for them!
5. Deep fry the turkey in the house or on the deck. Also don't replace the batteries in your smoke detector and make sure the fire extinguisher isn't easily accessible. You might as well grab a match and light the place on fire yourself.
*Please note that this post is 100% sarcastic, other than the fact that we do wish everyone a wonderful holiday. We want everyone to be responsible this Thanksgiving and hope no one has a claim come Monday. Stay safe!