If you're a die-hard Black Friday shopper, you've had all of this planned out for over a month. You know the best deals and the exact percentage of savings on each item, you have a map of the store and a plan of attack. You even have your Black Friday outfit ready to go and your K cups and favorite travel mug already stuck in the Keurig machine.
With all your energy focused on Black Hawk shopping, it's easy to forget to protect your vehicle from break ins. Black Friday shoppers attract Black Friday auto thefts and break ins. Make sure to take these simple precautions while out in the chaos:
- Always lock your car and remember to take your keys with you.
- Keep any valuables and car electronics out of plain sight. A wallet, your GPS, or even spare change can be reason enough for a thief to break your window.
- Store your shopping finds in your trunk. If you have to have them in the back seat, try to make them less obvious by putting a blanket or jacket over them. If a thief isn't sure the items in your car are valuable, they are less likely to waste their time on it.
- Park your car in a well-lit, high traffic area, near security cameras if possible.
- Be aware of your insurance coverage for personal items. You can add coverage for valuable items such as cell phones, laptops, and even child car seats for about $25/year. These are not covered under your average auto policy.
Markham Insurance wishes you all a safe and productive Black Friday experience this year!